Saturday, April 21, 2007

View From Stradbroke

I promised more photos... so here... some photos from when I was at Stradbroke Island on my Biotech field trip :-). Below is the ferry that we took to get there.
And these are some of my coursemates throwing around a football...That's the view from the back of the ferry....
Moreton Bay Research Station... that's where I stayed. Unfortunately I didn't think to take pictures inside so I can't show what it's like in there... . Coincidentally, their sister station, on Herne Island, burnt down the day before the field trip. Lucky it wasn't this one...
They didn't have very much room... by luck of draw I got assigned to the VIP house because there was no more rooms.... that was really nice... no need to queue up with everyone else for the showers....
These are some of the scenes around the island.

And that's a group photo of all of us (Lecturers, 1st year Biotech students , 3rd year mentors)
Ugghh... it's late... really need to go to bed already. I'll post more up next time.

Signing Off.

No comments: