Friday, April 06, 2007

Fleeting Time

Time flies really fast... doesn't it? I can't believe I let this long get by before posting again. Oh well... at least I'm doing it now. Anyway, a few things have happened since the last time I posted, we went to Stradbroke Island for a short camp-like trip. Biotech style... meaning a quizzes and workshops.

The quiz was horrible... a lot of questions about the nationality of people who won Nobel Prizes... and a lot of questions on Australian things. Funny thing though. Half to 3/4 of the people who went on the trip were Malaysian, but none of us could get the last question (about Malaysia) right. It went something like... which Malaysian University won *some Japanese prize that I can't remember* and where did the professor who won the award do his tertiary ed. Answer: University Malaya (which I argued for and was overruled) for the Nipah Virus discovery and the Professor was educated in Australia (DUH! We all got that one right). Besides that, it was really, really fun. Interestingly enough, one of my professors could write my name in Chinese, even though I hadn't told him anything but the name.

Later that night, the professors organised a trip to the local pub (The Little Ship... or something like that). Walked through the cemetary at night to get there. Professor was walking so fast and my friends were all creeped out by it. I.... tried not to think of it and concentrated on following Prof. Barnard. Got there and the pub turned out to be closed... at 8 p.m. on a Saturday! Unbelievable. Decided to go to another one nearer the shops. So, we about-faced and went through the cemetary yet again. Walked and walked for ages. The other pub was closed as well. Darn. Hehe. Went back to the research station (where we stayed, btw). Then... really had fun. Played Pictionary until 12 a.m. Didn't stop laughing the whole time it was hilarious. And... funny bit... but the dice... everytime I rolled... it seemed to be jinxed. It went... 1, 2, 3 and then 3, 2, 1 consecutively. That was really freaky.

Next day, went on a hike. Up a cliff near the ocean. Man, the wind was strong. Hair was flying all over the place. When we took our group photo there, didn't dare leave my camera on a rock... too scared it'd blow away. Got down from the cliff then went to a beach. Swam in the ocean (first time!) and then played some cricket (also first time!). After that, went back. So tired, I slept through the entire trip back to Uni.

And that was my Stradbroke Trip. After that was just usual schooling until yesterday. Now... HOLIDAYS!!! WooHoo!!!

Happy Easter everyone!

Signing Off.