Monday, November 05, 2007

Roadshows

Looking forward to this evening, I've got a roadshow to go to.... some book publishing company... Murdoch books if I'm not mistaken. Should be interesting, it's held at a quite famous restaurant in Brisbane, Ec'co Bistro. There's gonna be food, wine and hopefully some good books and doorgifts to take away.

I like the last one I went to, Random House's. Gave us very good doorgifts... I got a sling bag, two books, two free movie passes to Attonement and a couple of interesting notebooks... just for sitting there for half an hour listening to upcoming hits.

On another note, I got a payrise last week. 38 cents an hour. Not much.... but still factors to about $20-30/month which is a little something. Added to that, it takes effect from Sept, which means I got an unexpected windfall.... of about $50. Still... not to be sneered at... expenses are high as it is and extras are welcome.

Speaking of expenses, I just spent $150 on printer inks. Stupid Issues in Biotech notes. 670 pages and a lot of them came in full page PDFs which I couldn't change... used up 3 black cartridges, 2 magenta and 1 cyan just printing the notes. Luckily my dad will be bringing a stock over for me so I don't have to buy so many for now. Thinking about it... I've asked my dad to bring me a lot of stuff.... hopefully he has enough space to pack it all....

Well... that's all he wrote.

Until next time.

No comments: