Thursday, March 01, 2007

And Life Goes On

So... first post from all the way over here. Haven't been able to update my blog or go online at all for the past 2-3 weeks. No internet at home (sad isn't it?) but, thankfully it's about to be solved, internet applications underway and should be up by next week or so. On the plus side, I've got a host of new stuff, new desk (took me almost the whole day and ruined a good screwdriver to fix up), new phone and so on.

Classes have started here in UQ and it's quite fun, some of the subjects at least. It's a different system here than what we're used to back in Malaysia. For one thing the courses here have multiple lecturers per subject. So you never know if the next lecture will be the same or different. It makes it disconcerting because each lecturer will have their own style. Other than that, I'm adapting to life here and doing things on my own. That's one of the things that's slightly harder for me since in Penang, my parents will usually handle most of the things. Still, I'm managing, managing quite well I think (IMHO). No real big problems cropped up yet.

Other than that, things are pretty mundane here. Quite quiet, everything closes at 5 or 6 pm, so can't even 'lepak' at the shopping malls. Mostly stay at home with my computer or go to Uni to 'tumpang' their line like I'm doing now. Chinese New Year was also very quiet. Didn't feel much in the celebration mood because not many people were celebrating it. Still, we paid a visit to Chinatown and saw a few lion dances.

That's basically everything there is since I left... Not one of my better days so I can't think of much to type. Will update when I get my internet connection settled and if I can think of more stuff to say. 'Till then,

Signing Off.

No comments: