Thursday, August 16, 2007

Ekka

Ooh... hadn't noticed... it's been 10 days since I last blogged. Getting slack. :-)

Anyhow... it's been an uneventful week +. Nothing much but the usual... eat, sleep, play computer games etc.

I went to the Ekka yesterday (the Royal Brisbane Exposition to be more exact). Almost didn't make it cos halfway in the journey, at the city, it started raining so I had to layover for a couple of hours. Finally made it though. It was quite fun. Very crowded. But lots of stuff to see. There was heaps of food everywhere. Displays on stuff like... gardening, quilts, beef and so on.... . It's also a fun-fair so had all the usual fun-fair games there as well as some of the more extreme ones. No rollercoaster though.... . I didn't try the games... too expensive and I really don't like being hung upside down that high.

They had these things called showbags there.... where you buy this big bag full of candy and stuff so I bought a Wonka one. It wasn't bad except for the lack of chocolate. Also, there was this Strawberry Sundae by Nestle Peters that's apparently an Ekka tradition. It wasn't bad. Quite surprising actually as it had a few layers. It looked like just strawberry ice-cream on a standard wafer cone but inside it had fruit and vanilla as well. I got a bit of a shock when strawberries started spilling out of it. Hehe.

Anyway, that's all for now I guess. I'll post up the pics next time when I've finished processing 'em.

No comments: