Sunday, September 03, 2006

Rush Hour

So... today I rushed down to Kuala Lumpur. I say rushed because it was literally a rush. The trip was just planned out yesterday because I saw an advertisment about the University of Adelaide Open Day in KL today. So... we rushed.

The plan was to wake up at 5.00 a.m. and reach there by 10. In actual fact... we woke at 5.30 and reached there at 11.30... hehe... what can I say... delays. Missed one talk but that didn't seem like much. The information gathering was invaluable. I can safely say that I knew only about 30% of all that I learned today. Luckily I got the chance to go down today. I might never had had this opportunity to get all my questions answered. We were actually so busy that we only had 11 minutes for lunch. A hastily grabbed sandwich from the lobby had to suffice for a while. RM 10 for a sandwich... no complaints though... the sandwich was excellent... albeit less than satisfying... if only the portion was larger. Anyhow... we stayed there until 4 p.m. wearing out all the Professors and so on. Hehe.

After that had about half an hour in KLCC... and walked around just to relax. Then it was time to head home already... Man... time flies doesn't it?

Driving around KL was no mean feat though. I got lost at least three times trying to navigate the streets... they're just so crooked and wind-y and the road names weren't properly labled... so... hehe.

On the way home... stopped at the Tapah rest stop for dinner. I was disappointed though. Was looking forward to having a few doughnuts from Dunkin' Doughnuts there. So happens... they ran out...haih... there's always next time I guess... and next time... maybe I'll stock up before leaving KL. Hehe.

And so... that brings me to now...tired... footsore... doughnut deprived...

I think I'll turn in... maybe things will look less bleak tomorrow.

Signing Off

No comments: