Sunday, July 02, 2006

Hiatus


Hey... it's been a while hasn't it... didn't have time to update while working. Hopefully, now that I'm back in school, I'll have more time. I actually forgot about blogging... until that is, a rash of people started... yeah... I know... way to follow the crowd.

But anyhow, to bring you up to speed, I was working at Body Glove BJ since I last posted. Actually hated the job. Very tiring and the coworkers... gosh... any small mistake and they jump on you and hurry along to complain to the sup. 'Very mature' no?

Anyhow, all that's behind me now. I joined INTI... doing biotech. Not bad actually... but biotech and computing suck. Oh yeah... forgot Math. At least Bio and Chem are okay... but seeing as we've covered most of the topics before.... lucky we didn't get all new subjects... that would've been horror.

Made all new friends... and some old ones that I didn't really get to know (not in my class of course). Perhaps it's human nature but after only a month, there were two factions in the class and none of them wanted to talk to each other. Moi was not involved (they said my radar lacked a high enough frequency to detect the salvos of war). So there I was, stuck in the middle while my class (I'm the class rep btw) disintegrated around me. Luckily things have taken a turn for the better and the warring factions have slowly begun to calm down. Still have no idea what the whole fuss was about though (they wouldn't tell me). Still, glad this is over, but now, the next period of difficulty. Schoolwork.
Last week's been hectic. Three assignments due on Friday and two lab reports interspaced in between. Considering that all of them have to be typed and formatted and 'prettified', that's a lot of work. As always, I persevere. Not really looking forward to next week. Exams, exams, exams. Bio and Chem with a Chem quiz (mini test) before. Sheesh. These people are trying to work us to the bone.

On the bright side. I have a field trip coming up. Next weekend in fact ( so... not all is bad). Looking forward to it. I think one faction will abscond though. I don't know what to do with them. Can't mediate because I don't know anything. Oh well... maybe they'll settle it by themselves and forget about it.

Oh yeah. One thing I forgot to mention. I kinda grew up. From not having a decent social life to partying on the weekends. Friends are now into clubbing and so I got dragged out... kinda fun but not really my thing. After the third time out, I got really bored (maybe the booze wasn't strong enough, hehe). Don't know if I'll go again, although if I go it'll probably be very low key. Once in a blue moon... that sorta thing.

Another plus side of going to college, I got my own PC!! Woohoo!. I wheedled my dad into buying me a new laptop. Next target: a camera. Yeah, I know... aiming too high... but still... one has gotta have dreams. Maybe with a laptop, I'll blog more often considering that the college has free wireless.

I guess that's it... The history of Yong Ming, over the past few months, all condensed into a few paragraphs. Left some things out though. Maybe next time I'll add another tale to the chronicle.
Signing Off.

No comments: